Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Richard Attenborough's CHAPLIN is a dramatised depiction of the highs and lows in the life of Charlie Chaplin (Robert Downey, Jr. in a highly acclaimed performance), one of the true comic geniuses of the early silver screen. Presented as the memories of an elderly Chaplin, the narrative opens with the comic's impoverished East London childhood, and progresses through his vaudeville and Hollywood successes to his virtual banishment from the United States, and eventually his welcome back to accept a special Academy Award--20 years too late.
- Leading Role 1Robert Downey, Jr.
- Director 1Richard Attenborough
- Leading Role 2Dan Aykroyd
- Leading Role 3Geraldine Chaplin
- Additional Roles byAnthony Hopkins,Phil Brown,Kevin Dunn,Milla Jovovich,James Woods,Kevin Kline,Diane Lane,Penelope Ann Miller,Nancy Travis,Marisa Tomei,David Duchovny,Moira Kelly,Maria Pitillo,Paul Rhys,Donnie Kehr
- ProducerRichard Attenborough,Mario Kassar
- ScreenwriterWilliam Goldman
- Score ComposerJohn Barry
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2002
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish,German,Turkish
- Running Time139 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- aquarian6012 Jan, 2017by
Excellent Biopic on a great man!
Thoroughly engaging movie, well done all concerned with the making of this epic motion picture,depicting the life of a genius!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mysticbobsbits222 Aug, 2010by
Chaplin (DVD 2002)
i had this film on video and finally bought a dvd copy and enjoyed it as much as i did on video. this is a film that i like to keep. having walked past as a child the house that chaplin lived in, it was good to see attenborough's scene rendering compared with the reality. not like the original scenery in lambeth but the story line was excellent as it attempted to show why chaplin was like he was. it also shows that nobodies can sometimes become very talented somebodies given the opportunity and of course talent.
- rog06927 Jan, 2010by
great production of an early 20th century icon Charlie Chaplin brings the reality of the time back to life
- shaun152124 Jul, 2006by
Well. What can be said about Robert Downey Jnrs performance as Chaplin that hasn't already been said? Brilliant. Mesmerising. Superb. Perhaps all of these & yet so much more as well. Downeys performance is simply magnificent as the tortured genius, how he came to be overlooked for an Oscar is just scandalous. I defy anyone to watch this film & not feel the tears welling at the emotional oscar tribute scene at the films climax. It is such a wondrously moving & poignant moment that anyone not moved by its power & beauty really should check to see if they still have a pulse. The tag line that accompanied the film on its original cinematic release really does sum Chaplin up ; 'He made the whole world laugh & cry. He will again'. Pure genius.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £3.78Trending at £4.47
- £9.85Trending at £10.48
- £9.99Trending at £16.99
- £5.99Trending at £6.79
- £12.95Trending at £13.58
- £5.45Trending at £6.18
- £26.49Trending at £47.50