All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £4.73Trending at £5.88
- £10.08Trending at £10.65
- £12.72Trending at £13.06
- £9.71Trending at £9.83
- £16.67Trending at £24.94
- £5.75Trending at £5.95
- £9.06Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book serves as a ready reference on the detailed characterization of different improved sweet sorghum genotypes following the PPVFRA guidelines to understand their biofuel yield potential in the tropics.
- Author BiographyDr. P. Srinivasa Rao is a Senior Scientist working in the area of sorghum breeding at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, Hyderabad, India. His current areas of research interest are on biofuels, resistance breeding, brown midrib mutants, energy and sweet sorghums, sucrose transporters as well as wide hybridization. He obtained his Ph.D. (Genetics) 1998 from Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi. He is a recipient of DBT- postdoctoral fellowship (2005-2008) and worked on interactions of bacterial leaf blight pathogen with R-gene pyramids of Rice with Dr. Ramesh V Sonti at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, India. He served as Scientist (Plant Breeding) for seven years in Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU), Hyderabad, India. He is a recipient of the Distinguished Researcher Award (2011) from Pampanga Agricultural College, Philippines. He is serving as an editorial board member of Sugar Tech. and Rangeland Science. He has 28 research publications in various national and international journals, 6 reviews, 15 book chapters and 3 books to his credit. Dr. C. Ganesh Kumar is a Senior Scientist working in the area of chemical biology with the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India. His current areas of research interest are on biofuels, bioactives, biosurfactants, enzymes and biotransformations. He obtained his Ph.D. (Microbiology) 1997 from National Dairy Research Institute (ICAR), Karnal, Haryana under the guidance of Prof. M.P. Tiwari. During his Ph.D. tenure, he also received a DAAD short-term fellowship and worked with Prof. K.-D. Jany, Director and Head, Centre for Molecular Biology, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition, Karlsruhe, Germany. He worked as a post-doctoral fellow at various reputed organizations like Department of Biochemistry, Bose Institute, Kolkata, India; Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Inha University, Inchon, South Korea with Prof. Chung-Soon Chang and at the Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Sapporo, Japan, with Prof. Isao Yumoto as a JSPS fellow on different extremophiles and their metabolites. He is a recipient of the AMI Young Scientist Award (1999) from the Association of Microbiologists of India, Fellow (2009) of the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, Eminent Bioengineer Award (2010) from the Society for Applied Biotechnology and IICT Gaurav Samman Award (2010). He has 45 research publications in various national and international journals, 10 reviews, 2 book chapters and 3 patents to his credit.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2012
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Agriculture
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note49 Tables, color; 45 Illustrations, color; 3 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 130 p. 48 illus., 45 illus. in color.
- Weight225 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byC.Ganesh Kumar,P. Srinivasa Rao
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.