All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings to life the many odd, eccentric, and bizarre characters of baseball from the 1800s through the Deadball Era. While many stories are about the game's greats such as John McGraw, Frank Chance, and Rube Waddell, the exploits of little-known players like J.A. Brown, Sleepy Bill Burns, and Jack Hendricks are covered as well.
- Author BiographyRonald T. Waldo has written six books on baseball history, including Fred Clarke: A Biography of the Baseball Hall of Fame Player-Manager (2010), The Battling Bucs of 1925: How the Pittsburgh Pirates Pulled Off the Greatest Comeback in World Series History (2011), Hazen Kiki Cuyler: A Baseball Biography (2012), Pennant Hopes Dashed by the Homer in the Gloamin': The Story of How the 1938 Pittsburgh Pirates Blew the National League Pennant (2013), The 1902 Pittsburgh Pirates: Treachery and Triumph (2015), and Honus Wagner and His Pittsburgh Pirates: Scenes from a Golden Era (2015).
- Author(s)Ronald T. Waldo
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note11 black & white halftones
- Weight553 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.