Best-selling in Early Reading
Save on Early Reading
- £4.45Trending at £4.50
- £4.72Trending at £4.85
- £10.01Trending at £11.91
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
- £5.49Trending at £5.56
- £7.70Trending at £8.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary life and genius of Charles Dickens is brought alive for primary-age children by the author-illustrator team behind the bestselling What Mr Darwin Saw.
- Author BiographyMICK MANNING grew up in Haworth, West Yorkshire and studied Illustration at the Royal College of Art in London. He has written and illustrated over 60 books, mostly with his partner Brita Granstrom.Their distinctive books have won many awards. Their first book, The World is Full of Babies, won the Smarties Silver Prize in 1996. Mick and Brita live in the Scottish Borders and have 4 sons. Their other books with Frances Lincoln include the critically acclaimed Fly on the Wall series: Roman Fort, Pharaoh's Egypt, Viking Longship, Greek Hero, Tail-End Charlie and What Mr Darwin Saw. Both Roman Fort and Viking Longship were shortlisted for the English Association 4-11 Awards and Greek Hero won in 2008. Snap! is the follow-up to Yuck! which was a regional winner of the Highland Book Awards 2006. Recently Mick and Brita donated the entire body of work created for their book Fly on the Wall: Greek Heroto Seven Stories, the centre for children's books BRITA GRANSTROM grew up on a Swedish farm and has an MFA in Fine Art from Konstfack, Stockholm. She and Mick Manning live in the Scottish Borders have four sons. Their first book together, The World is Full of Babies won the Smarties Silver Award in 1996 and their second book, What's Under the Bed? took the TES Junior Information Book Award in 1997. Yum Yum and How Did I Begin? were 2 of the 6 children's books shortlisted for the Rhone Poulene Prize in 1998. Science School made the shortlist in the following year. In 2000, Wash, Scrub, Brush! won the English Association's non-fiction award for the best picture book, with Let's Party making the shortlist in 2001. Brita won both Parenting Magazine's Book of the Year and the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award 2000 with her illustrations for Judy Hindley's Eyes, Nose, Fingers, Toes.
- Author(s)Brita Granstrom,Mick Manning
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date25/04/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width278 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mick Manning,Brita Granstrom
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.