Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £11.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by cobalttiger
- See details for delivery est.
- £8.68Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 3 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book uses the seasonal checklists, advice and hard-won experience of the UK' s best-known no-dig gardener to plan a year' s veg growing.
- Author BiographyCharles Dowding grew up on a dairy farm in Somerset. After graduating from Cambridge he worked for a hotel in the Inner Hebrides before starting to grow organic vegetables commercially on the family farm in the early 1980s. In 1990 he left behind what was by then a large market garden to live in France and Zambia. Returning to Somerset in the mid 1990s, he established a bed and breakfast and vegetable growing business at Lower Farm in Shepton Montague, Somerset. There, Charles's salad bags were the main output from his two-acre garden of permanent raised beds and fruit trees. Charles runs vegetable-growing courses and lectures and writes books on his unique growing techniques. Since 2012 Charles has begun a new garden at Shepton Mallet in Somerset which he has designed using no-dig principles.
- Author(s)Charles Dowding
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200 photographs
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
Most relevant reviews
- steve_price_mor...11 Jan, 2017by
Love this book
As a newbie to allotmenteering I can say this book is very informative and would definitely recommend it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.28
- £30.35Trending at £42.99
- £9.53Trending at £9.85
- £14.09Trending at £15.28
- £7.49Trending at £7.70
- £11.54Trending at £15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.