All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all played tag when we were kids. What most of us don't realize is that this simple chase game is in fact an application of pursuit theory. This book gives us the complete history of this area of mathematics, from its classical analytical beginnings to the present day.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Nahin is the best-selling author of many popular math books, including Mrs. Perkins's Electric Quilt, Digital Dice, Dr. Euler's Fabulous Formula, When Least Is Best, and An Imaginary Tale (all Princeton). He is professor emeritus of electrical engineering at the University of New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Paul J. Nahin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitlePrinceton Puzzlers
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note5 halftones. 67 line illus.
- Weight257 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £5.52Trending at £6.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.