All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/09/2016
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight466 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBrendan Gough,Matthew Hall,Sarah Grogan
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction; Sarah Grogan, Matthew Hall and Brendan Gough.- Chapter 1. Use of Supplements and Drugs to Change Body Image and Appearance Among Boys and Male Adolescents; Lina A. Ricciardelli and Robert J. Williams.- Chapter 2. Muscle Dysmorphia and Anabolic-androgenic Steroid Use; Dave Smith, Mary Caitlyn Rutty and Tracy Olrich.- Chapter 3. Use of Drugs to Change Appearance in Girls and Female Adolescents; Jennifer O'Dea and Renata Leah Cinelli.- Chapter 4. Caffeine Misuse and Weight Loss; Carla E. Ramacciotti, Elisabetta Coli and Annalisa Burgalassi.- Chapter 5. Body Image, Enhancement and Health in the Advertising of Sports and Nutritional Supplements; Simon Outram.- Chapter 6. Smoking and Appearance; Sarah Grogan.- Chapter 7. Bodybuilders' Accounts of Synthol Use: The Construction of Lay Expertise; Matthew Hall, Sarah Grogan and Brendan Gough.- Chapter 8. Non-Medical Use of ADHD Stimulants for Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss; Amy J. Jeffers and Eric G. Benotsch.-Chapter 9. Commonly Prescribed Oral Anti-Obesity Medication and Alternative Anorectics; Julien S. Baker, Bruce Davies and Michael R. Graham.- Chapter 10. Peptide Hormones, Metformin and New-Wave Practices and Research Therapies; Michael R. Graham, Julien S. Baker and Bruce Davies.- Afterword. Toward an Inclusive, Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Understanding Substance Use for Appearance Purposes; Brendan Gough, Sarah Grogan and Matthew Hall.
- Author BiographyMatthew Hall is Research Associate at Lancaster University, UK. His research focuses on understanding the impact of multiple and shifting identities as well as body modifications and online violences. Sarah Grogan is Professor of Psychology Health and Well-being at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Her research focuses on understanding the impact of body image on health-related behaviors such as smoking and anabolic steroid use, and the impact of aging on body image. Brendan Gough is Professor of Social Psychology at Leeds Beckett University, UK. He is a qualitative researcher interested in men and masculinities and has published many papers on gender identities and relations, mostly in the context of health, lifestyles and wellbeing.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.51Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.01
- £10.99Trending at £13.48
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £7.21Trending at £7.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.