All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionCovers all of the fundamental topics of general chemistry. This book includes new concept-driven examples, updated examples that focus on molecular reasoning and understanding, and Chemistry: Beyond the Classroom essays that demonstrate the relevance of the concepts and highlights some fresh uses of chemistry.
- Author BiographyWilliam L. Masterton received his PhD in physical chemistry from the University of Illinois in 1953. Two years later he began to work at the University of Connecticut, where he taught general chemistry and a graduate course in chemical thermodynamics. He has received numerous teaching awards, including an award from the Student Senate at the University of Connecticut, of which he was most proud. Dr. Masterton is co-author of the all-time best-selling general chemistry textbook CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES, which has sold well over 1.5 million copies. Dr. Masterton's field of research, solution thermodynamics, prepared him well for making maple syrup each March at the family farmhouse in New Hampshire. Native of Bridgeport, Connecticut B.S. Chemistry, Fairfield University; minor in Politics M.S. and Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry, University of Connecticut; Advisor: Dr. Steven L. Suib TA supervisor was Cecile Hurley Career diversion (1999-2004) from chemistry/teaching to information technology as a network engineer for Priceline.com and Director of Academic Computing at the University of New Haven (Connecticut). Since 2004, Lecturer, Chemistry at UConn; also the Department's webmaster and IT administrator; serves on University committees for technology planning and implementation. Lead teacher/power user for OWL (Online Web Learning) UConn Huskies M and W basketball fan! Cecile Nespral Hurley received her MS at the University of California, Los Angeles. Since 1979, she has served as Lecturer and Coordinator of Freshman Chemistry at the University of Connecticut, where she directed a groundbreaking National Science Foundation-supported project on cooperative learning in general chemistry. She is one of a prestigious group of University Teaching Fellows who are selected by their fellow faculty members as models of teaching excellence and dedication. In addition, she coordinates the High School Cooperative Program in Chemistry through which superior Connecticut high school students take the university's general chemistry course at their schools. In her spare time, Professor Hurley roots for the University of Connecticut women's basketball Huskies--and roots out weeds from her country garden, which she likes to imagine rivals Monet's at Giverny.
- Author(s)Cecile Hurley,Edward Neth,William Masterton
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date04/05/2017
- Weight1820 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.