CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.39
- £9.44Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £10.95Trending at £15.72
About this product
- Author(s)David Shubert,John David Leyba
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date25/04/2017
- Content Note176 figures
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Author BiographyDavid Shubert, PhD, is Dean of the Undergraduate Studies, Professor of Chemistry, and Director of Learning Assessment at Newman University in Kansas, USA. Dr. Shubert co-teaches Chemistry and Physics course for Nurse Anesthesia with co-author Dr. Leyba. He has taught this combined course for over ten years. Dr. Shubert serves as a Peer Evaluator for the Higher Learning Commission and has served as chemical consultant to industry in a variety of capacities. He has served as an expert witness, and has consulted on topics ranging from the custom synthesis of chemicals, to the development of a recycling system. Dr. Shubert is the recipient of twelve grants including several focusing on improving science education and one large grant ($0.5 M) from the National Science Foundation. He has written a multi-media text (CD-ROM) for Organic Chemistry, which has been picked up by Cengage Learning as an on-line electronic textbook, and has published journal articles in the Journal of the American Chemical Society and the Journal of Chemical Education. Dr. Shubert's teaching and leadership has been acknowledged multiple times through awards for excellence in teaching (1984, 1995, 2004) and awards for developing outstanding institutional programmes (2007 & 2008). John Leyba, PhD, is Associate Professor of Chemistry and the Chair of the Division of Science and Math at Newman University in Wichita, KS, USA where he has taught Chemistry and Physics since 2002. In addition, Dr. Leyba teaches in the Sonography and Nurse Anesthesia Programs at Newman. Dr. Leyba previously taught at Clemson University (SC) and has worked in industry for Westinghouse Savannah River Company (SC), both as Sr. Scientist and Principal Scientist, and at Canberra Industries (CO) as Director of Operations and Data Management. He is the recipient of multiple awards, including the AAUP Academic Freedom Award (2006), the Newman University Scholarship and Publication Award (2006 & 2009), the Newman University Teaching Excellence Award (2005), the Newman University Special Institution Achievement Award (2010), the Newman University Nurse Anesthesia Program Outstanding Didactic Instructor Award (2009 & 2011), and the Pfizer Fellowship in Chemistry, among others. He has published 29 peer-reviewed articles (research) and 22 technical reports (industry).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.