All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £11.01
- £24.56Trending at £26.13
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £19.99Trending at £24.15
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £18.40Trending at £20.01
About this product
- DescriptionEnhanced with a remarkable number of new problems and applications, this edition provides a concise, thorough, and relevant introduction to chemistry that prepares students for further study in any engineering field.
- Author BiographyTom Holme (Ph.D, Rice University) is a chemistry professor at Iowa State University and Director of the ACS Examinations Institute. He is active in both computational chemistry and chemical education research and has been involved with the general chemistry for engineers course at both Iowa State and the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Some of his recent publications include: Designing Chemistry Practice Exams for Enhanced Benefits: An Instrument for Comparing Performance and Mental Effort Measures, (Karen Knaus, Kristen Murphy and Thomas Holme), Journal of Chemical Education, 2009, in press; Nanoscience Items for Standardized Exams in the Undergraduate Chemistry Curriculum (Thomas Holme), in Nanoscale Science and Engineering Education: Issues, Trends and Future Directions, ed., A.E. Sweeny & S. Seal, American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch, CA, 2008; and Assessing Problem-solving Strategies in Chemistry Using the IMMEX System in Proceedings of the National STEM Assessment Conference, eds. D. Deeds & B. Callen, National Science Foundation, Washington, DC, 2008. Lawrence S. Brown (Ph.D, Princeton University) is a Senior Lecturer and coordinator for the general chemistry for engineers course at Texas A&M University. He received his B.S. in 1981 from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and his M. A. in 1983 from Princeton University. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow from 1986-88 at the University of Chicago. His research activities include active learning and use of technology in education and integration of chemistry with other subjects in the engineering curriculum. His current efforts are in (i) continued development of the CHEM 107 curriculum, (ii) improving uses of technology in chemical education, and (iii) incorporation of active learning strategies into large classroom settings. These efforts are brought together with the Foundation Coalition, an NSF-supported effort to implement a new model for the education of engineering students. Larry also monitors the CHEM 107 course for Texas A&M's campus in Qatar in the Middle East and has traveled there numerous times.
- Author(s)Lawrence Brown,Tom Holme
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date18/03/2015
- Weight1210 g
- Width214 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.