Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.96
- £5.69Trending at £7.37
- £7.29Trending at £10.99
- £16.71Trending at £19.90
- £9.85Trending at £10.77
- £17.57Trending at £19.05
- £12.95Trending at £16.95
About this product
- DescriptionChemistry of Love and Sex is a chemist's guide to the chemical phenomena and molecules associated with endogenous hormonal mechanisms and brain neurotransmission the basis of many emotions associated with love, passion, and sex.
- Author BiographyMadalena Maria de Magalhaes Pinto studied Pharmacy at the University of Porto (B.Sc.), Portugal. With a Research Fellowship, she stayed at the University of Sao Paulo with Prof. Otto Richard Gottlieb, and in 1983 she obtained her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry at the University of Porto where she holds the position of Professor of Medicinal Chemistry. She teaches Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry and Organic Synthesis in the Course of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the Faculty of Pharmacy. Her current research interests lie in Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry, biomimetic and total synthesis assisted by solid phase catalysis and microwave, chiral molecular recognition and artificial receptors with application as chiral stationary phases for HPLC, and nanoparticles as drug delivery systems.
- Author(s)Madalena M. M. Pinto
- PublisherHelvitica Chimica Acta Verlag,Switzerland
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintHelvitica Chimica Acta Verlag,Switzerland
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width171 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.