All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRethinking Childhood
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight930 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGaile S. Cannella,Lourdes Diaz Soto
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Gaile S. Cannella: Introduction - Erica Burman: Un/thinking Children in Development: A Contribution from Northern Antidevelopmental Psychology - Cinthya M. Saavedra/Steven P. Camicia: Transnational Childhoods: Bodies That Challenge Boundaries - A. Bame Nsamenang: Childhoods within Africa's Triple Heritage - Devorah Kennedy/Marianne Bloch: Negotiating Sameness and Difference: American Jewish Childhood - Donald R. Collins: African American Children: Early Childhood Education Recollections and Life Stories - Melinda Miller: Critical Literacy and Young Children: A Case Study of Literacy Experiences of Six African American Children - Michel Vandenbroeck/Rudi Roose/Maria De Bie: Governing Families in the Social Investment State - I-Fang Lee: Global and Local Trends for Governance and Planning in Early Childhood Education and Care: Effects of Preschool Vouchers - Michelle Salazar Perez/Gaile S. Cannella: Disaster Capitalism as Neoliberal Instrument for the Construction of Early Childhood Education/Care Policy: Charter Schools in Post-Katrina New Orleans - Sue Books: Why and How Poverty Matters in Schooling in the USA - Susan Grieshaber: Sexualization of Children in Contemporary Australian Media - Nicola Yelland/Greg Neal: Cyber-childhoods, Popular Culture and Constructing Identities - Sandra Chang-Kredl: Cinematic Representations of Childhood: Privileging the Adult Viewer - Lourdes Diaz Soto/Sharon Hixon/Clare Hite: Diversity, Linguistics, and the Silencing of Social Justice in Education and Care - Sadaf Shallwani: Racism and Imperialism in the Child Development Discourse: Deconstructing Developmentally Appropriate Practice - Araceli Rivas: Modern Research Discourses Constructing the Postcolonial Subjectivity of (Mexican) American Children - Veronica Pacini-Ketchabaw/Radhika Viruru: The Ambivalence of Citizenship in Early Childhood Education: Antiracist, Transnational Feminist, and Postcolonial Contributions - Corrine Wickens: The Denial of Sexuality and the Power of Censorship - Liz Jones/Rachel Holmes/Christina MacRae/Maggie MacLure: Critical Politics of Play - Iris Duhn: Mapping Globalization and Childhood: Possibilities for Curriculum and Pedagogy - Harold Gothson: Appropriating Reggio Emilia: From Cults to Cultural Constructions - Maggie MacLure/Liz Jones/Rachel Holmes/Christina MacRae: Childhood and the Construction of Critical Research Practices - Liselott Mariett Olsson: Using Material Molecular Politics in Early Childhood Education - Jenny Ritchie/Cheryl Rau: Kia mau ki te wairuatanga: Countercolonial Narratives of Early Childhood Education in Aotearoa - Lourdes Diaz Soto: Constructing Critical Futures: Projects from the Heart.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gaile S. Cannella is Professor and Velma E. Schmidt Endowed Chair of Early Childhood Studies at the University of North Texas. Her books include Deconstructing Early Childhood Education: Social Justice and Revolution (Peter Lang); and Childhood and Postcolonization, with Radhika Viruru. Her work has been translated to Spanish and Korean. Currently, her interests include the exploration of critical qualitative research methods as avenues for counterimperialism and for challenging oppressive childhood policies and discourse practices. Lourdes Diaz Soto is the Goizueta Endowed Chair in Teacher Education at Dalton State College in Georgia. Some of her publications include The Praeger Handbook of Latino Education in the U.S. and The Politics of Early Childhood Education (Peter Lang).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.52
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.