All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- Author(s)Patricia Heberer
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleDocumenting Life and Destruction: Holocaust Sources in Context
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Weight885 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Table Of ContentsAuthor's Introduction Abbreviations Introduction by Nechama Tec Chapter One: Children in the Early Years of Anti-Semitic Persecution -From Assimilation to Marginalization -In the Schoolroom - I Decide Who Is a Jew -Training Youth for Jobs Abroad -Reichskristallnacht -The Dismissal of Jewish Children from German Schools -What's in a Name? Israel and Sara Chapter Two: Children and the War -The First Taste of Conflict -Caught in the Crossfire: The War on Civilians -The War's Long Shadow: The Last Years of Conflict Chapter Three: Lives in the Balance: Escape and Deportation -Strangers in a Strange Land: Emigration -Victims of Einsatzgruppen Activity - We've Been Picked Up : Roundups and Deportations Chapter Four: Children in the World of the Ghetto -Into the Ghetto - The Garden of Eden : Education in the Lodz Ghetto - Give Me Your Children : The Children's Actions -Death and Survival in the Ghetto Chapter Five: In the Concentration Camp Universe -At the Edge of the Abyss -Death at Auschwitz -In a Living Hell: Survival in the Camps Chapter Six: Children in the Web of Racial Hygiene Policy -Compulsory Sterilization -The Many Faces of Lebensborn - Euthanasia -The Danger of Gypsy Blood : Roma and Sinti -Children as Research Material Chapter Seven: The Lives of Others: Aryan Children and the Nazi Regime -Youth Organizations in the Third Reich -Nonconformity and Dissidence: The Edelweiss Pirates -Hearts and Minds: Nazi Propaganda -Perpetrators and Victims -German Children and the War Chapter Eight: The World of the Child -Escape into Learning -At Play during the Holocaust -Innocence and Knowledge -In Hopes and Dreams: Coping with the Holocaust Chapter Nine: Rescue and Resistance -Youth and Armed Resistance -Unarmed Resistance: The Children's War -In Hiding -Children and Aid Organizations: The Politics of Rescue -When Rescue Fails Chapter Ten: Elsewhere Perhaps? Children and the End of the Holocaust - Over This Field of Death, Peace Breaks Out : Liberation -The Search for Family Members -Where Is Home? -The Process of Remembering List of Documents Bibliography Glossary Index About the Author
- Author BiographyPatricia Heberer, PhD, museum historian, Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, is a specialist on medical crimes and eugenics policies in Nazi Germany.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.