CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £12.99Trending at £15.31
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders the devastating impact of family violence on children, examines children's views of violence, and proposes strategies for intervention and prevention. The authors provide case studies and empirical research to portray the scope of the problem.
- Author BiographyPeter Jaffe is the Founding Director (1975-2001) and Special Advisor on Violence Prevention of the Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System of the London Family Court Clinic; member of the Clinical Adjunct Faculty for the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Western Ontario; former chair of the Board of Directors of the Battered Women's Advocacy Centre; and past Chairperson and a founding board member of the Board of Directors for the Centre for Research on Violence Against Women and Children. He gives presentations on violence and facilitates over 50 workshops a year for teachers, students, lawyers, judges, police, doctors, clergy and various community groups. Dr. Jaffe is the recipient of many awards and grants, author of numerous research articles, and co-author of four books dealing with children exposed to domestic violence. Dr. Wolfe holds the inaugural RBC Chair in Children's Mental Health at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and heads the CAMH Centre for Prevention Science. He is also Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at the University of Toronto. Since 2007 he has served as Editor-in-Chief of Child Abuse & Neglect: The International Journal. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, past President of Division 37 (Child, Youth, and Family Services), and received a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). He has provided extensive assessment and consultation to child protective services, schools, and the court with respect to issues of child abuse and violence.
- Author(s)David A. Wolfe,Peter G. Jaffe,Susan Kaye Wilson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1990
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleDevelopmental Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight187 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.