CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionPresents Lafcadio Hearn's twelve sketches - reprinted as a unit for the first time - of life on the Ohio river. These sketches are perceptive and sympathetic, yet not highly subjective and romanticized. Collectively they form an important comprehensive picture of African American life in a border city just after the Civil War.
- Author BiographyO. W. Frost, who collected and edited these sketches, is the author of Young Heam. A graduate of the University of Illinois, he also holds M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from that institution. John Ball, who wrote the introduction, is professor of English at his alma mater, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. The Ph.D. degree was awarded him by the University of Cincinnati.
- Author(s)Lafcadio Hearn
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byO. W. Frost
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.