Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.48Trending at £9.06
- £6.60Trending at £6.87
- £9.60Trending at £13.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.22
- £6.53Trending at £6.87
- £9.91Trending at £13.08
- £3.49Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionIs sport good for kids? When answering this question, both critics and advocates of youth sports tend to fixate on matters of health. Child's Play presents a more nuanced examination of the issue, considering not only the physical impacts of youth athletics, but its psychological and social ramifications as well.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Messner is a professor of sociology and gender studies at the University of Southern California, USA. He is the author of several books, including It's All for the Kids: Gender, Families, and Youth Sports and Some Men: Feminist Allies and the Movement to End Violence Against Women.Michela Musto is a Ph.D. candidate in sociology at the University of Southern California, USA. Her work has appeared in Gender, Society and Sociology of Sport Journal.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Sport and Society
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note4 illustrations, 8 graphs, 3 tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMichael Alan Messner,Michela Musto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.