Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChile: Carretera Austral Travel Guide - Travel advice and expert holiday tips featuring Ruta 7 and Coyhaique highlights, natural history and wildlife. This guide also covers suggested itineraries and tour operators, driving and hiking, Caleta Tortel, Villa O'Higgins, Puerto Montt, national parks like Queulat, Hornopiren and Laguna San Rafael.
- Author BiographyHugh Sinclair has lived and worked in Latin America since the late 1990s. After graduating from Durham he worked as an investment banker in Canada, Holland and the UK. In 2001 he moved into the development sector, specializing in microfinance. His first book, Confessions of a Microfinance Heretic, was a ground-breaking expose of the inner-workings of the sector, and his blog is one of the best-read in the sector. He has lived in various countries but five years ago decided to settle down in Patagonia. He has extensively explored the region on both sides of the border. He lives near the northern Carretera Austral, and first stumbled across the road in 2011, and has visited it repeatedly since. When not travelling in Chile and Argentina Hugh works as an economist, and speaks fluent Spanish. Warren Houlbrooke was raised on a remote sheep farm in New Zealand, where he developed a fix anything attitude. He has travelled extensively in Latin America, in particular in all of Patagonia (both the Argentine and Chilean sides). He is a tour-guide for Compass Motorbike Tours, and has worked with Bariloche Moto Tours, who also offer trips along the Carretera Austral. He is a highly proficient motorcyclist, scuba-diver, skier, equestrian, cyclist and sailor, has an Argentine wife and speaks Spanish.
- Author(s)Hugh Sinclair,Warren Houlbrooke
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Foreword byDouglas Tompkins
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.