All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.95Trending at £9.94
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £8.74Trending at £9.13
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- Description'China's Holy Mountain' is both a splendid introduction to the history of Buddhism in East Asia and an evocative and lavishly-illustrated gazetteer of the monasteries and sacred artefacts themselves. It will be an indispensable resource for students of Asian religion and philosophy, with further appeal to general readers.
- Author BiographyChristoph Baumer - a leading explorer of Central Asia, Tibet and China - has written several well-received books in the fields of history, religion, archaeology and travel. These include The Church of the East: An Illustrated History of Assyrian Christianity (2006) and Traces in the Desert: Journeys of Discovery across Central Asia (2008), both published by I.B.Tauris. Dr Baumer is President of the Society for the Exploration of EurAsia and a member of the Explorer's Club, New York, and the Royal Asiatic Society and the Royal Geographical Society, London.
- Author(s)Christoph Baumer
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Width237 mm
- Height289 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.