All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you're a serious student or simply curious, this book makes the Chinese reading and writing system enjoyable and accessible. A lighthearted mnemonic approach associates the 1,000 most common Chinese characters with visual and verbal clues that make memorization a snap! --Back cover.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Kluemper was a JET Program participant from 1990-93, and has been teaching about Japanese language and culture since then. As a board member for the National Council of Japanese Language Teachers from 2001-08, Kluemper served on national task forces for the implementation of the Japanese AP course, National Board Certification for teachers, and various advocacy campaigns. He now teaches Japanese at Ballard High School in Louisville, KY. <p/>Kityee Yam Nadeau is currently an elementary school teacher of Mandarin in Louisville Kentucky. A native Cantonese speaker, born and raised in Hong Kong during the British rule she started her English education at a very young age. Along with her native Cantonese and English she also studied Mandarin, the universal language of China and Chinese culture. After moving to the USA, she taught Mandarin at a local Chinese society's weekend school for children. This led to her being asked to teach in the public school system. There she designed curriculum and participated in textbook development workshops in the USA and China. Kit carries on her Chinese traditions as an accomplished student of traditional Tai Chi, Tai Chi Fan, and Tai Chi Sword. She enjoys mahjong and Chinese cooking in her spare time.
- Author(s)Kityee Yam Nadeau,Michael L. Kluemper
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations; thousands of vocabulary words
- Weight544 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
Best-selling in Language Courses
Save on Language Courses
- £21.94Trending at £23.39
- £15.99Trending at £24.98
- £18.60Trending at £20.56
- £19.06Trending at £20.84
- £11.85Trending at £12.99
- £12.00Trending at £13.53
- £14.99Trending at £17.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.