All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.83
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.50
- £8.99Trending at £9.13
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this volume is to fill a knowledge-gap in pragmatic and discourse studies through high-quality research focusing on the theory and practice of Chinese discourse and, in a wider sense, interaction analysis.
- Author BiographyYuling Pan is Sociolinguist and Principal Researcher at the U.S. Census Bureau. Her numerous publications include Politeness in Chinese Face-to-face Interaction (Ablex, 2000), Professional Communication in International Settings (with Suzanne Scollon and Ron Scollon, Blackwell Publishing, 2002) and Politeness in Historical and Contemporary Chinese (with Daniel Z. Kadar, Continuum, 2011). Daniel Z. Kadar is Professor at the School of Music, Humanities and Media, University of Huddersfield. His recent books include Politeness in Historical and Contemporary Chinese (with Yuling Pan, Continuum), Politeness in East Asia (edited With Sara Mills, Cambridge University Press), Relational Rituals (Palgrave Macmillan), and Understanding Politeness (with Michael Haugh, Cambridge University Press).
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight757 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDaniel Z. Kadar,Yuling Pan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.