All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
About this product
- DescriptionFrom yellow-face performance in the 19th century to Jackie Chan in the 21st, this book examines articles of clothing and modes of adornment as a window on how American views of China have changed in the past 150 years. It provides a cultural history of three iconic objects in theatrical and cinematic performance.
- Author BiographySean Metzger is Assistant Professor of Performance Studies in the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television. He is editor (with Olivia Khoo) of Futures of Chinese Cinema: Technologies and Temporalities in Chinese Screen Cultures and (with Gina Masequesmay) of Embodying Asian/American Sexualities.
- Author(s)Sean Metzger
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note35 b&w illus.
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.