All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWill disaster ensue if it pursues its present course towards self-destruction and despoliation of the environment? While recognising that our survival is threatened by the imbalance between human immaturity and technological achievement, the message of this classic is that man-made evils have a man-made cure.
- Author BiographyArnold Toynbee (1889-1975), CH, was Professor of International History at the University of London until his retirement in 1955. His major published work was A Study of History, which appeared in successive volumes from 1934 to 1961. Daisaku Ikeda (1928-) is the President of Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist organisation with millions of adherents in over 190 countries throughout the world. He is the author of over 80 books on Buddhist themes, and received the United Nations Peace Award in 1983.
- Author(s)Arnold Toynbee,Ikeda Daisaku
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/10/2007
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleEchoes and Reflections Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £7.50Trending at £10.66
- £7.02Trending at £10.48
- £41.64Trending at £68.33
- £35.89Trending at £52.95
- £31.08Trending at £33.29
- £35.11Trending at £53.38
- £10.76Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.