All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNamed for a species of blackbird native to the novel's setting in the Swiss alps, this tale profiles a motley collection of patients inhabiting a sanatorium. Somewhat allegorical in nature, each character hails from a different country and each espouses a distinct political viewpoint.
- Author BiographyUrsula Phillips is a translator of both literary and academic works and a writer on Polish literature. Her most recent translation, the novel The Heathen by Narcyza michowska, is also published by Northern Illinois University Press.
- Author(s)Zofia Nalkowska
- PublisherNorthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDekalb, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthern Illinois University Press
- Weight249 g
- Width85 mm
- Height55 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byUrsula Phillips
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.97Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £9.20Trending at £10.48
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.