All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.58Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £6.50Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
- £3.49Trending at £3.52
About this product
- Author(s)B. A. Gerrish
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- GenreChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight543 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Table Of ContentsINTRODUCTION Dogmatics as a Field of Inquiry 1. Subject Matter of Dogmatics 2. Definition of Dogmatics 3. Method of Dogmatics PART 1: CREATION Theism as the Presupposition of Christian Faith 4. The World as Creation 5. God as Creator 6. Humanity as Created PART II: REDEMPTION The Distinctive Affirmations of Christian Faith Division 1: Christ and the Christian 7. Estrangement 8. God and Evil 9. The Covenant (I): Revelation 10. The Work of the Redeemer 11. The Person of the Redeemer 12. Living by Faith (I): Reconciliation 13. Living by Faith (II): Renewal Division 2: The Spirit and the Church 14. The Covenant (II): Election 15. The Spirit and the Body of Christ 16. The Church's Ministry 17. Faith and Order 18. Baptism: Sign of New Birth 19. The Lord's Supper: Sign of New Life CONCLUSION 20. The Trinity 21. The End Appendix: Dogmatic Theses Selected Bibliography Index of Ancient Sources Index of Subjects
- Author BiographyB. A. Gerrish is John Nuveen Professor Emeritus of Historical Theology at the University of Chicago Divinity School and Distinguished Service Professor of Theology at Union Presbyterian Seminary. Considered one of the world's foremost contemporary theologians, he has written such books as Saving and Secular Faith: An Invitation to Systematic Theology and The Pilgrim Road: Sermons on Christian Life.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.