Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe phrase Christian politics points in two directions: political relations between denominations in one direction, and ways that Christian churches contribute to debates about how society should be governed in the other.
- Author BiographyMatt Tomlinson has conducted research in Fiji since 1996 and is currently a Future Fellow in the Department of Anthropology at Australian National University's College of Asia and the Pacific. Along with numerous journal articles on Fijian Methodism, politics, and ritual performance, he is the author of In God's Image: The Metaculture of Fijian Christianity (2009), and co-editor of The Limits of Meaning: Case Studies in the Anthropology of Christianity (2006) and Flows of Faith: Religious Reach and Community in Asia and the Pacific (2012). Debra McDougall is Assistant Professor of Anthropology and Sociology at the University of Western Australia. From 2006 - 2010, she was Chief Investigator and Australian Postdoctoral Fellow for an ARC Discovery Project on Christianity and politics in Solomon Islands. In addition to articles on anthropology and Christianity, she has written about the contestation of property rights in contexts of logging and conservation projects, Christianity and customary forms of dispute management, women's Christian fellowship, and men's conversion to Islam.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note9 ills, 3 maps
- Edited byDebra L. McDougall,Matt Tomlinson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.