All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
About this product
- DescriptionChristianity: A Very Short Introduction offers a bold new overview of the world's largest religion. Linda Woodhead provides clear, accessible, and up-to-date information to enable the reader to 'get inside the skin' of Christians and their beliefs, and to present an old and frequently told story in a fresh and illuminating way.
- Author BiographyLinda Woodhead is Senior Lecturer in Christian Studies in the Department of Religious Studies at Lancaster University.
- Author(s)Linda Woodhead
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2004
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date26/06/2014
- Content Note18 black and white
- Weight141 g
- Width172 mm
- Height111 mm
- Spine11 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cxxbp07 Feb, 2017by
Preaching To The Choir
I can't find any merit in this book. Boring and revealing the obvious in Oh-My-Gosh tones. Does not require any thinking by the reader, just mindless agreement, and, I suspect, it did not require much thinking by the author either.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- fromthefruitbow...18 Aug, 2011by
I highly recommend to anyone interested in or studying Christianity.
A very nice little book. A fairly easy read with lots of pictures that make a change from the usual type of religion based text book. It is exactly what it says on the cover, a very short introduction. It does not go into so much detail that you forget what you're reading and have to read again, it has just enough detail to understand clearly as well as give you some ideas for further research. Very enjoyable.