All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £6.34Trending at £6.47
- £6.09Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £8.96
- £12.73Trending at £13.39
- £7.49Trending at £10.14
- £8.74Trending at £8.90
- £23.44Trending at £34.99
About this product
- DescriptionIssues of homosexuality are the subject of public and political controversy in many African societies today. This book investigates Christian politics and discourses on homosexuality in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Author BiographyEzra Chitando is Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Zimbabwe. He also serves as theological consultant for the Ecumenical HIV and AIDS Initiative in Africa (EHAIA) of the World Council of Churches. He has widely published on religion in Africa, in recent years mostly focusing on issues of religion and HIV/AIDS and religion masculinities. Adriaan van Klinken is Associate Professor of Religion and African Studies at the University of Leeds. His research focuses on issues of gender, sexuality and public life in contemporary Christianity in Africa. In addition to a range of articles in academic journals, in 2013 he published the book Transforming Masculinities in African Christianity: Gender Controversies in Times of AIDS.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2016
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleReligion in Modern Africa
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDr. Adriaan Van Klinken,Professor Ezra Chitando
- Series Edited byJames L. Cox,Gerrie Ter Haar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.