All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristianity and monasticism have flourished along the Nile Valley in the Sohag region of Upper Egypt from as early as the fourth century. This work examine various aspects of Coptic civilization in the Upper Egyptian governorate of Sohag. The studies center on the person and legacy of the Coptic saint, Shenoute the Archimandrite (348-466 CE).
- Author BiographyGawdat Gabra is the author or editor of numerous books on Egyptian Christianity, including Christianity and Monasticism in the Fayoum Oasis (AUC Press, 2005). Hany N. Takla is the founding president of the Saint Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society.
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note40 b/w illustrations
- Edited byGawdat Gabra,Hany Takla
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.19Trending at £6.99
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.