All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £7.11Trending at £7.56
- £13.91Trending at £20.02
- £4.57Trending at £4.98
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £9.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
About this product
- DescriptionChristmas is both a holiday and a holy day, and from the start it has been associated with poetry, from the song of the seraphim above the manger to the cherished carols around the punch bowl. This volume features Christmas poems.
- Author BiographyJohn Hollander is the author of more than a dozen books of poetry. His first, A Crackling of Thorns, was chosen by W. H. Auden as the 1958 volume in the Yale Series of Younger Poets. He wrote eight books of criticism, including the award-winning Rhyme's Reason: A Guide to English Verse and The Work of Poetry, and edited or coedited twenty-two collections, among them The Oxford Anthology of English Literature, American Poetry: The Nineteenth Century, and (with Anthony Hecht, with whom he shared the Bollingen Prize in Poetry in 1983) Jiggery-Pokery: A Compendium of Double Dactyls. In 1990 he received a MacArthur Fellowship. He died in August 2013.J. D. McClatchy is the author of four earlier books of poems, Scenes from Another Life (1981), Stars Principal (1986), The Rest of the Way (1990), and Ten Commandments (1998). His literary essays are collected in White Paper (1989) and Twenty Questions (1998). He is the editor of The Vintage Book of Contemporary American Poetry (1990) and The Vintage Book of Contemporary World Poetry (1996), as well as a co-editor of James Merrill's Collected Poems (2001) and Collected Novels and Plays (2002). The author of several opera libretti, McClatchy is a chancellor of the Academy of American Poets and a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He teaches at Yale University and is editor of The Yale Review.
- Date of Publication26/10/1999
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Pocket Poets
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight230 g
- Width115 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJ. D. McClatchy,John Hollander
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.