Consider these sponsored items
- £48.25Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRepresentative examples of chronometers and deck watches by international makers are illustrated in both colour and black and white. A comprehensive list of makers and craftsmen brings together details of men who worked in the industry, their places of work and dates and serial numbers for their instruments.
- Author BiographyTony (F.A.) Mercer is the grandson of Thomas Mercer, the watch and chronometer maker of Liverpool, London and St Albans, who founded the family firm of Thomas Mercer Ltd which had a long illustrious history as a prolific maker of these instruments. Tony Mercer was born in St Albans, and was educated at Sedbergh School and the Ecole National d'Horologerie at Cluses, in Haute Savoie, France, where he learnt the skills of watch and clockmaking as well as toolmaking. While there he worked in all departments of the factory, including five years as a chronometer springer. During his working life he has been president and chairman of the British Horological Institute, Master of the Clockmaker's Company and chairman of the Watch and Clock Manufacturers' Association. At one time he was also chairman of the British Nautical Instrument Trade Association. He has written many articles and given lectures on the marine chronometer, and his earlier book, Mercer Chronometers: Radical Tom Mercer and the House He Founded, is still much sought after. Tony Mercer is now retired and lives in Cumbria.
- Author(s)Tony Mercer
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNAG Press
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour ) bibliog
- Weight760 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.00Trending at £31.80
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £20.65Trending at £21.58
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.