All listings for this product
Best-selling in Network Hubs
Save on Network Hubs
- £66.49Trending at £113.44
- £74.99Trending at £87.62
- £52.62Trending at £71.07
- £16.87Trending at £18.34
- £19.99Trending at £21.15
- £15.99Trending at £19.18
- £94.33Trending at £118.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cisco Catalyst 2950-24 is a gigabit switch with 24 Ethernet ports that offer high speed connectivity. This Cisco Ethernet switch occupies I RU space that makes it perfect for space-constrained installations. A network security feature of this gigabit switch prevents unauthorized access to your wireless network. With the Cisco Network Assistant of this Cisco Ethernet switch you can configure, set-up, upgrade, and troubleshoot multiple switches. Moreover, the Cisco Catalyst 2950-24, with Cisco IOS functionality, allows easy access to data, video, and voice allowing you to meet growing business needs.
- ModelCatalyst® 2950-24
- Product LineCisco Catalyst
- TypeEthernet Switch
- Manageable DeviceFully Managed
- Console Port TypeSerial RJ-45
- Ports24 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ-45)
- MAC Address Entries8000
- Layer 2 Forwarding Rate3.6 Mpps
- Switch Fabric Capacity4.8 Gbps
Standards and Protocols
- Remote Management ProtocolHTTP,RMON 1,RMON 2,RMON 3,RMON 9,SNMP,SNMP 1,SNMP 2,SNMP 3,Telnet
- LAN StandardsIEEE 802.1Q Virtual LANs (VLAN),IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Bridge,IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD or Ethernet,IEEE 802.3u 100 Mbps (Fast Ethernet)
- Led IndicatorsFull Duplex / Half Duplex,Link / Status,Power,Speed
- Release DateDecember, 2003
- Depth24.18 cm
- Height44.45 cm
- Weight2.94 kg
Most relevant reviews
- simonh443516 Jul, 2011by
Top quality switching for home or office use.
Cisco systems products are known for reliability and performance. They outlast any other network switching equipment, and longevity usually means that they are between 5-10 years old when sold on ebay. I have tried other switches but they always disappoint. The only thing with Cisco is knowing how to configure them properly, and this means understanding how the IOS which makes the switch operate. I am not Cisco trained, but picked up my experience when doing an HNC in IT and my subsequent employment as an IT Technician. So if you want rock solid reliability, and performance there is only one choice, you won't regret it.
- ranch0_411 Jan, 2011by
Excellent switch for the CCNA 640-802 exam.
This one is the best switch for the CCNA exam. Get three for the exam ! Always use the correct, preferably manufactured intact ethernet cable ! Sync the speeds & transmits/receives. Good with VLANs. Is part of the TODD LAMMLE CCNA LABs. I think it works with CNA (Cisco Network Assistant). Get a packet analyser if not. GREAT for creating a MANAGEMENT CONSOLE for other NETWORK DEVICES ! Then you dont need too many KVM switches or unplug/ plug your other devices ! I think it has a one or two VOICE features & supports it ! Remember SWITCHES have inbuilt '' CROSSOVER 'CABLES' '' in their ports. Routers & other devices/pc's dont ! This point will simplify your cable/network design.
- dimchos06 May, 2010by
Cisco Catalyst® 2950-24 24-Port Ethernet Switch
I bought this Cisco Catalyst® 2950-24 24-Port Ethernet Switch (WS-C2950-24)for my CCNA labs. It is a good codition and its just what I need it for my CCNA labs.
- eo01mm10 Sep, 2008by
Cisco Catalyst 2950
Typical Ciso - very reliable - easy to configure via the command line with a cut and paste - or if you prefer via the GUI. A reasonably speced box which, second hand, is a more realistic price than the one that Cisco put on it. Not one for the core data centre but quite adequate for the small office or edge of the network.
- twiceaknight08 May, 2008by
Good value for money, well built & reliable.
General features:- 24 Ports. Supports 10baseT & 100baseTX Ethernet with a forwarding bandwidth up to 4.8Gbps. Managed switch, supports a few management protocols like RMon & SNMP. Can provide basic security filtering, Vlan & Layer 2 QoS support. Has various Status LEDS and modes for troubleshooting. Rack mountable. 1U High Module. Various power supply options. A few things I like about it:- It is robust, really well built and overall a solid piece of kit. It is Cisco after all, so I wouldn't expect anything less. It is a managed switch, so it lends itself well to Study Lab environments as well as use in the field. It supports It has 24 ports as standard, although there is a 12 port version of this same switch series available the larger 24 port version will cover the needs of most small remote or branch offices providing bandwidth requirements are reasonable. It is 19" Rack mountable, so it can go in a wall cabinet or rack along with other networking kit. The various link state LEDS and status LEDS along the front of the device help to make troubleshooting Lan problems easier. Lastly, it works hand and glove with the Cisco Network Assistant, so configuration over a web based GUI is realised for ease of management. Things I dislike:- The one thing I would have to say that I dislike, and it's a common complaint, is operational fan noise. If it were not for this I would have given it an excellent rating. My conclusions: It is old technology now though, as it only supports 10baseT or 100baseTX Ethernet and does not support POE (Power Over Ethernet), so perhaps not for installation in all circumstances, but plenty good enough for a small office or study Lab. In my opinion, if you are looking for a good Cisco switch for a branch office or study Lab, this switch represents good value for money. Search out a cheap one in good condition and you won't go far wrong. Read full review