All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavia Cox Downey
- Table Of ContentsMARGINALIZATION AND RECOVERY Enhancing Community and Economic Development Postdisaster through the Increased Resilience of Women Bridgette Cram and Jean-Claude Garcia-Zamor Nonprofits and Disasters Grace L. Chikoto Country Mouse, City Mouse: Exploring the Differences in Rural and Urban Economic Recovery Postdisaster Davia Cox Downey TRANSPORTATION CONSIDERATIONS Improving the City Resistance in War: Planning the Major Transportation Terminals Based on Passive Defense Considerations Amir Shakibamanesh and Mahshid Ghorbanian Return to a State of Nature, Compassionate Conservatism, Failed Response, and Its Impact on Race, Ethnicity, and the U.S. Economy: Hurricane Katrina Case Study Antoinette S. Christophe and Michael O. Adams RESILIENCE, COOPERATION, AND CITIZEN ATTITUDES The Big Spill: Who Was to Blame and How Should Government Respond? Citizen Attitudes in the Aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon Spill in Coastal Alabama Michael Howell-Moroney and Kent R. Kerley How Government's Actions after a Disaster Affect Long-Term Civic Engagement: Shifting Opportunity and Motivation for Civic Participation in Christchurch, New Zealand Stephanie Hawke, Jillian Girard, and Jane Carr Managing for Resilience across Multiple Scales of Action in Joplin, Missouri Clayton Wukich, David E.A. Johnson, and Michael D. Siciliano Vulnerabilities Magnified: A Closer Look at Disasters and Displacement Ann-Margaret Esnard and Alka Sapat PLANNING AND PATH DEPENDENCE The Historical Aspect of Social Vulnerability in the Lower Ninth Ward Nada Toueir Building Back Treme: Using PPGIS to Evaluate Neighborhood Stability Michelle M. Thompson, Brittany N. Arceneaux, and Grace E. Major Clustered and Community-Driven Housing Recovery: Lessons Learned from Hurricane Katrina to the Great East Japan Earthquake Tamiyo Kondo
- Author BiographyDavia Cox Downey, PhD, is the MPA coordinator and an assistant professor of public administration at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in local politics, public policy, and public administration and has authored and coauthored journal articles, book reviews, and book chapters. Her most recent publication, Civic Culture in Ottawa: The Endurance of Local Culture, coauthored with Laura A. Reese and Raymond Rosenfeld, can be found in Comparative Civic Culture (Ashgate Publishing, 2012). She has also written Disaster Recovery in Black and White: A Comparison of New Orleans and Gulfport, published by the American Review of Public Administration in 2014.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £15.75
- £22.55Trending at £22.96
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £19.77Trending at £21.61
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.