All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA multi-disciplinary overview of key contemporary issues surrounding the excitement, contradictions, conflicts, and tensions arising from the social experience of the city and the emergent trends linked to resolving its problems. A student-focused text, it reviews the theoretical literature, examines policy implications and provides comparative case study material throughout.
- Author BiographyRonan Paddison is Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of Glasgow. His research interests focus on the political processes driving urban change and, in particular, under what conditions local participation can contribute to the making of more inclusive and democratic cities. Recent projects have included the role of community participation in the installation of public art, and the limitations to public participation in the post-political city. He is Managing Editor of Urban Studies and of Space and Polity. Eugene McCann is Professor in the Department of Geography, Simon Fraser University. His research focuses on the ways in which policies, especially urban policies, are circulated among communities of practitioners across the global and how these 'policy mobilities' are related to urban politics.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edited byEugene McCann,Ronan Paddison
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.82
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £11.61Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.