CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- DescriptionRevised edition of the authors' Cities and urban life, 2013.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Macionis (pronounced ma-SHOWnis ) has been in the classroom teaching sociology for more than forty years. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, John earned a bachelor's degree from Cornell University, majoring in sociology, and then completed a doctorate in sociology from the University of Pennsylvania. His publications are wide-ranging, focusing on community life in the United States, interpersonal intimacy in families, effective teaching, humor, new information technology, and the importance of global education. In addition to authoring this best-seller, Macionis has also written Society: The Basics, the most popular paperback introductory text in the field, now in its fourteenth edition. John has also authored Sociology, the most popular full-sized introductory text, now in its sixteenth edition. He collaborates on international editions of the texts: Sociology: Canadian Edition; Society: The Basics, Canadian Edition; and Sociology: A Global Introduction. All of his texts, including Cities and Urban Life are available for high school students and in various foreign-language editions. In addition, Macionis edited the best-selling anthology Seeing Ourselves: Classic, Contemporary, and Cross-Cultural Readings in Sociology, also available in a Canadian edition. Macionis is also the author of Social Problems, now in its sixth edition and the leading book in this field. The Macionis introductory and social problems texts are now available in low-cost electronic editions in the REVEL program. These exciting programs offer an interactive learning experience. Unlike other authors, John takes personal responsibility for writing all electronic content, just as he authors all the supplemental material. John proudly resists the trend toward outsourcing such material to non-sociologists. The latest on all the Macionis textbooks, as well as information and dozens of Internet links of interest to students and faculty in sociology, are found at the author's personal website: www.macionis.com or , which has been performed in New York City, Prague, and Seoul.
- Author(s)John J. Macionis,Vincent N. Parrillo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.