All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/02/2017
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Contemporary City
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight544 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byRay Forrest,Sin Yee Koh
- Edition Statement2017 ed.
- Table Of ContentsContents.- Abbreviations.- List of Tables and Figures.- Acknowledgements.- 1 In Search of the Super-rich: Who are they? Where are they? - Ray Forrest, Bart Wissink and Sin Yee Koh.- 2 Elites Without Hierarchies: Intermediaries, 'Agency' and the Super-rich - William Davies.- Part I: Real Estate Investments.- 3 Real Estate Holdings among the Super Rich in the United States - Richard A. Benton, Lisa A. Keister and Hang Young Lee.- 4 The Super-Rich and Transnational Housing Markets: Asians Buying Australian Housing - Chris Paris.- 5 Becoming a Super-Rich Foreign Real Estate Investor: Globalising Real Estate Data, Publications and Events - Dallas Rogers.- Part II: Elite Spatialities and Practices.- 6 Beyond the City: Exploring the Maritime Geographies of the Super-Rich - Emma Spence.- 7 Reviving Transnational Elite Sociality: Social Clubs in Shanghai - Yannan Ding.- 8 Old Money, Networks and Distinction: The Social and Service Clubs of Milan's Upper Classes - Bruno Cousin and Sebastien Chauvin.- 9 Arts and the Super-Rich: Emerging Relations in the Gulf and the East - Sarina Wakefield.- Part III: Urban Political Economies.- 10 Selling the Tokyo Sky: Urban Regeneration and Luxury Housing - Yosuke Hirayama.- 11 Elite informality, Spaces of Exception and the Super-Rich in Singapore - Choon-Piew Pow.- 12 Tycoon City: Political Economy, Real Estate and the Super-Rich in Hong Kong - Bart Wissink, Sin Yee Koh, and Ray Forrest.- 13 Minimum City? The Deeper Impacts of the 'Super-Rich' on Urban Life - Rowland Atkinson, Roger Burrows, Luna Glucksberg, Hang Kei-Ho, Caroline Knowles and David Rhodes.- 14 Hyper-Divided Cities and the 'Immoral' Super-Rich - Five Parting Questions - Ray Forrest, Sin Yee Koh and Bart Wissink.- Notes.- References.- Index.
- Author BiographyRay Forrest is Chair Professor of Housing and Urban Studies, Urban Research Group, Department of Public Policy, City University of Hong Kong. Sin Yee Koh is Assistant Professor of Geography, Institute of Asian Studies, Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Bart Wissink is Associate Professor of Urban Studies and Urban Policy, Urban Research Group, Department of Public Policy, City University of Hong Kong.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.