All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £16.97
- £9.53Trending at £14.97
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.60Trending at £8.67
About this product
- DescriptionThrough its penetrating analysis of the various networks that connected the ports and towns of the Mediterranean and their inhabitants throughout the Ottoman period, Cities of the Mediterranean presents the region as a unified and dynamic community and paves the way for a new understanding of the subject.
- Author BiographyBiray Kolluoglu is Associate Professor of Sociology at Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey. She has published on late nineteenth century and early twentieth-century Izmir. Her research interests include historical sociology, nationalism, sociology of space and memory. Meltem Toksoz is Assistant Professor of History at Bogazici University, Istanbul. Turkey. She has published on the history of Ottoman Mersin, the port-city, and on the regional history of Cilicia. Her research interests include historiography, the social history of the commercial elites and the modernization of state and society in late Ottoman history.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white tables, maps
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBiray Kolluoglu,Meltem Toksoz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.