All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobal Crises and the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEinar Thorsen,Stuart Allan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Stuart Allan/Einar Thorsen: Introduction - Stuart Allan: Histories of Citizen Journalism - Melissa Wall: The Taming of the Warblogs: Citizen Journalism and the War in Iraq - Sophia B. Liu/Leysia Palen/Jeannette Sutton/Amanda L. Hughes/Sarah Vieweg: Citizen Photojournalism during Crisis Events - Farida Vis: Wikinews Reporting of Hurricane Katrina - Prasun Sonwalkar: Citizen Journalism in India: The Politics of Recognition - Heba Zayyan/Cynthia Carter: Human Rights and Wrongs: Blogging News of Everyday Life in Palestine - Joyce Y. M. Nip: Citizen Journalism in China: The Case of the Wenchuan Earthquake - Einar Thorsen: Blogging the Climate Change Crisis from Antarctica - Gholam Khiabany/Annabelle Sreberny: The Iranian Story: What Citizens? What Journalism? - Olga Guedes Bailey: Citizen Journalism and Child Rights in Brazil - Chang Woo Young: OhmyNews: Citizen Journalism in South Korea - An Nguyen: Globalization, Citizen Journalism, and the Nation State: A Vietnamese Perspective - Nico Carpentier/Ludo De Brabander/Bart Cammaerts: Citizen Journalism and the North Belgian Peace March - Lee Salter: Indymedia and the Law: Issues for Citizen Journalism - Ethan Zuckerman: Citizen Media and the Kenyan Electoral Crisis - Axel Bruns/Jason Wilson/Barry Saunders: Citizen Journalism as Social Networking: Reporting the 2007 Australian Federal Election - Tom Fiedler: Crisis Alert: Barack Obama Meets a Citizen Journalist - Stephen D. Reese/Jia Dai: Citizen Journalism in the Global News Arena: China's New Media Critics - Jane B. Singer/Ian Ashman: User-Generated Content and Journalistic Values - Paul Bradshaw: Wiki Journalism - Mark Deuze: The Future of Citizen Journalism.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Stuart Allan is Professor of Journalism in the Media School, Bournemouth University, U.K. Einar Thorsen is Senior Lecturer in Multimedia Journalism at the University of Teesside, U.K.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.91
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.35
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.