Citizenship and Vulnerability: Disability and Issues of Social and Political Engagement by A. Beckett (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £94.62Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £77.09Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 27 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.56Trending at £18.13
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
- £17.29Trending at £22.26
- £15.23Trending at £15.65
- £16.71Trending at £17.94
- £7.52Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on new empirical research with disabled people in the UK, and considering the work of theorists such as Berlin, Habermas and Mouffe, Ellison's ideas of proactive and defensive engagement and Turner's 'sociology of the body', Beckett proposes a new model of 'active' citizenship that rests upon an understanding of 'vulnerable personhood'.
- Author BiographyANGHARAD E. BECKETT is Lecturer in Sociology and Social Policy at the School of Applied Social Sciences at Durham University, UK.
- Author(s)A. Beckett
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication04/04/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteX, 214 p.
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.