Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
About this product
- DescriptionIndraprastha is the Hindu name for the first, mythical Delhi. In this book the author peels back the successive encrusting layers of Delhi's history, using both the material and the human remains of each period as a touchstone with the present.
- PrizesWinner of Thomas Cook Travel Book Award 1994.
- Author(s)William Dalrymple
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/09/1993
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/12/1999
- Content Note16pp b&w photographs
- Weight810 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jackmytt14 Dec, 2016by
A compelling read for those interested in India. Dalrymple weaves an excellent story of his one year residence in India's capital.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.