All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of the ancient Egyptian city of Mendes, home of the mysterious cult of the 'fornicating ram who mounts the beauties'. This book describes the discoveries of the great temple of the ram and the 'Mansion of the Rams', where the embalmed bodies of the avatars of the god were buried.
- Author BiographyDonald B. Redford is a historian and archaeologist who has worked extensively in Egypt since 1975, directing a number of important excavations, notably at Mendes and Karnak. A professor at Pennsylvania State University, he is the author of many books, including Akhenaten: The Heretic King (Princeton). He is also the editor of The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt .
- Author(s)Donald Bruce Redford
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note125 halftones. 70 line illus. 2 tables.
- Weight907 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.34
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £12.34
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.