All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApparent political apathy among youth in the United States has led to a moral panic about the future of democracy. This book discusses civic youth work touchstones, practices, and activities. It expands earlier notions of youth engagement by grounding them to a conception of the lived-citizen.
- Author BiographyRoss VeLure Roholt is Associate Professor of Youth Studies in the School of Social Work, University of Minnesota. He has written extensively on civic youth work in both the U.S. and internationally; completing several books and articles along with training guides and practice handbooks. He consults internationally with governments and community organizations on youth involvement in political, social, democratic, and community development. Michael Baizerman is Professor of Youth Studies in the School of Social Work, University of Minnesota. He is a leading scholar in the fields of youth studies and youth work. He has published over sixty articles and books and consults internationally with governments, universities, and community organizations to build effective and sustainable youth work practice and programs to support young people's involvement in political, social, democratic, and community development.
- Author(s)Michael Baizerman,Ross Velure Roholt
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePeter Lang Primer
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight230 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.