Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.14Trending at £7.37
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £4.63Trending at £5.30
- £13.39Trending at £18.09
- £12.64Trending at £15.95
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
- £4.95Trending at £5.99
About this product
- Author(s)Tony Milligan
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight433 g
- Table Of Contents1 The Occupy Movement 2 A problematic concept 3 The argument from below 4 Reactionary disobedience over abortion 5 Disobedience in defense of cruelty 6 Thoreau, conscience, and the state 7 Tolstoy's politicization of love 8 Gandhi and satyagraha 9 King, pragmatism, and principle 10 Defending the environment 11 Open rescue and animal liberation 12 Covert animal rescue 13 The higher law 14 The question of violence Bibliography Notes Index
- Author BiographyTony Milligan is an Honorary Research Fellow in Philosophy at the University of Aberdeen, UK. He has published in a number of academic and popular journals, including Philosophy, Ratio, the Journal of Applied Ethics, Think and Philosophy Now.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.