CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.13Trending at £8.90
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £7.47Trending at £7.71
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.66
About this product
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleStudien zur Interkulturellen Philosophie / Studies in Intercultural Philosophy / Etudes de Philosophie Interculturelle
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Volume editorEvert van der Zweerde,Gerrit Steunebrink
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface Introduction Part I Russia Pauline SCHROOYEN: Modernization in Late Imperial Russia: Some Critical Reflections on and Suggestions for the Study of Russian Society Marina BYKOVA: Nation and Nationalism. Russia in Search of its National Identity Jonathan SUTTON: Civil Society, Religion, and the Nation. Reflections on the Russian Case Hans OVERSLOOT: Towards a Revival of the State as an Ideology in Contemporary Russia Part II Japan Paul KEVENHORSTER: Civil Society, Religion, and the Nation: The Case of Japan Tetsuo NAJITA: Civil Society in Japan's Modernity - An Interpretive Overview Rikki KERSTEN: Maruyama Masao and the Dilemma of the Public Intellectual in Postwar Japan Inken PROHL: Religion and National Identity in Contemporary Japan Part III Turkey Inken PROHL: Religion and National Identity in Contemporary Japan Part III Turkey Gerrit STEUNEBRINK: Liberalism and Nationalism in Europe and Turkey: On the Reception and Application of Modern European Ideas in a New Historical and Cultural Context Yasin CEYLAN: The Conflict between State and Religion in Turkey Ayse KADIOGLU: Citizenship and Individuation in Turkey: The Triumph of Will over Reason Akin ERGUDEN: Doing Things with Metaphor: The Ru(o)le of Metaphor in the Formation of the Grammar of the Public Sphere in Turkey Part IV General Perspectives Peter van der VEER: Religion, Nation and the Public Sphere Machiel KARSKENS: Nationalism as Political Strategy Contrary to Civil Society Evert van der ZWEERDE: ... But Where Is the State? On the Contributors Index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.