CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £7.61
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.85Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking to recover the disappeared world of belle lettres , this book examines the various texts of 18th-century British America - conversations, letters, newpapers, and privately circulated manuscripts. It reconstructs the discourse of civility that shaped the elite society of the time.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Shields is the McClintock Professor of Southern Letters in the Departments of English and History at the University of South Carolina, editor of the journal Early American Literature, and director of the Southern Texts Society.
- Author(s)David S. Shields
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication31/05/1997
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePublished for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note7 illustrations, notes, index
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.