All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary life and complete poetical works of James Graham, first marquis of Montrose. Edited with a commentary by Robin Bell.
- Author BiographyROBIN BELL is an award winning poet and documentary writer who lived in New York and London for many years before returning to his native Scotland. He is probably best-known for Strathinver: A Portrait Album 1945-1953, a dramatised version of which won a Sony Award for Best British Radio Feature and Documentary. It was hailed by David Wade in The Times as 'Scotland's answer, and a confident one, to Under Milk Wood . 'Occasionally, a book appears which alters the whole body of poetry of the relevant country and beyond. This is such a book.' Tom Scott, Books In Scotland Bittersweet Within My Heart, his translations of the French poems of Mary, Queen of Scots, was described by Van Hennessy in the Daily Mail as 'The most moving and intimate of all royal autobiographical writing. Historically, they are sensational. They offer us a glimpse into a noblewoman's heart and are the most intimate and moving of all autobiographical writing.'
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRobin Bell
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £6.18Trending at £9.99
- £8.45Trending at £11.89
- £6.20Trending at £7.98
- £11.48Trending at £11.83
- £10.51Trending at £11.22
- £2.80Trending at £4.48
- £12.80Trending at £16.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.