All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Francesco Lacava
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/08/2016
- Series TitleUndergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations, 4 colour tables, biography
- Weight332 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
- Table Of Contents1. Classical Electrodynamics: a short survey.- 2. Orthogonal coordinates.- 3. Multipole expansion.- 4. Method of image charges.- 5. Image charges and dielectrics.- 6. Electrostatics and complex functions.- 7. Relativistic transformations of the electric and magnetic fields.- 8. Relativistic Covariance of the Electrodynamics.- 9. The resonant cavity.- 10. Energy and momentum of the electromagnetic field.- 11. The Feynman paradox.- 12. The test of Coulomb's Law and the mass of the photon.- 13. Magnetic Monopoles.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Lacava is Associate Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Rome Sapienza , Italy. His research interests include the physics of hadron colliders and the development of detectors for particle physics. He has been involved in the ATLAS Experiment at LHC over the past two decades, and is currently working on the upgrade of the muon tracking detectors. He previously participated in the UA1 Experiment at the CERN proto-antiproton collider, which discovered the W and Z bosons in 1983. He is the author or co-author of more than 600 papers on high-energy particle physics and detectors.
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £16.50Trending at £16.99
- £11.70Trending at £13.98
- £7.49Trending at £12.99
- £11.27Trending at £12.09
- £20.22Trending at £24.94
- £10.67Trending at £12.97
- £7.40Trending at £10.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.