All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated, covering Western music from medieval times to the present day. Each era has an Introduction, A to Z of key composers, sections on Styles and Forms, and Instruments. Written by many of the world's leading experts in the field. Comprehensive, easy-to-use and highly informative - an essential guide for readers of all levels.
- Author BiographyStanley Sadie, CBE (Founding Editor, 1930-2005) from 1970 worked as Editor of the standard reference work, The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (1980/2000). He wrote extensively on Mozart and Handel and was president of the Royal Musical Association (1989-94) and the International Musicological Society (1992-97). Vladimir Ashkenazy (Foreword) is a celebrated chief conductor and music director with the Philharmonia Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and currently Principal Conductor to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. Charles Wilson (Consultant Editor and contributor) was senior subject editor for twentieth-century composers on the New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians 1997-2000 and editor-in-chief of the Cambridge University Press journal Twentieth-Century Music 2008-12. He is Director of Education in the School of Music at Cardiff University.
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDefinitive Encyclopedias
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight783 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Foreword byVladimir Ashkenazy
- Edition StatementNew & Expanded ed
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.90Trending at £27.01
- £17.75Trending at £25.00
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £32.07Trending at £44.99
- £29.05Trending at £41.65
- £36.54Trending at £71.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.