All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClementine, Lady Spencer-Churchill died in 1979, aged 92. In this revised biography her daughter, Mary Soames, throws light on her mother, writing of Clementine's 57-year marriage to Winston, her strongly held political views and a life which spans many of the major events of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyMary Soames is the youngest and only surviving child of Winston and Clementine Churchill. She was born in 1922 and brought up at Chartwell in Kent. In 1941, aged eighteen, she joined the ATS and served in mixed anti-aircraft batteries in England and north-west Europe. She accompanied her father as his ADC on several of his wartime overseas journeys. In 1945 she was awarded the MBE (military). In 1947 she married Captain Christopher Soames, Coldstream Guards, later Lord Soames, PC, GCMG, CH. She has also written A Churchill Family Album, The Profligate Duke, Winston Churchill, His Life as a Painter and edited Speaking For Themselves the personal letters between Winston and Clementine Churchill.
- Author(s)Mary Soames
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2002
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date26/10/2006
- Content Note32 b&w photos
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.93
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.15
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.