All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForms of embodied labor, such as surrogacy and participation in clinical trials, are central to biomedical innovation, but they are rarely considered as labor. This book examines the rapidly expanding transnational labor markets surrounding assisted reproduction and experimental drug trials.
- Author BiographyMelinda Cooper is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Sydney. She is the author of Life as Surplus: Biotechnology and Capitalism in the Neoliberal Era. Catherine Waldby is a Professorial Future Fellow in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Sydney. She is coauthor, with Herbert Gottweis and Brian Salter, of The Global Politics of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Science: Regenerative Medicine in Transition and, with Robert Mitchell, of Tissue Economies: Blood, Organs, and Cell Lines in Late Capitalism, which is also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Catherine Waldby,Melinda Cooper
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleExperimental Futures
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £14.23Trending at £14.69
- £6.99Trending at £7.92
- £8.55Trending at £9.99
- £7.79Trending at £9.68
- £9.40Trending at £9.71
- £10.43Trending at £11.27
- £5.09Trending at £6.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.