All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistory of Schools and Schooling
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byKenneth K. Wong,Robert Rothman
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Kenneth K. Wong/Robert Rothman: Bringing Clio to the Table - Anne-Lise Halvorsen/Jeffrey E. Mirel: Educating Citizens: Social Problems Meet Progressive Education in Detroit, 1930-52 - John L. Rury: Attainment amidst Adversity: Black High School Students in the Metropolitan North, 1940-80 - William J. Reese: When Wisdom Was Better Than Rubies: The Public Schools of Washington, DC, in the Nineteenth Century - David Gamson: Democracy Undone: Reforming and Reinventing the American School District, 1945-2005 - Kathryn A. McDermott: Growing State Intervention in Low-Performing Schools: Law and Regulation in Three Waves of Reform - Elizabeth Rose: Learning from Head Start: Preschool Advocates and the Lessons of History - Elizabeth DeBray-Pelot: Education Interest Groups and Policy Agendas in the 109th and 110th Congresses: Applying an Advocacy Coalition Framework - Adam R. Nelson: Equity and Special Education: Some Historical Lessons from Boston - Gail L. Sunderman: Examining the Federal Role in Education: From Reagan's Excellence Movement to Bush and No Child Left Behind - Margaret E. Goertz: Standards-Based Reform: Lessons from the Past, Directions for the Future - Maris A. Vinovskis: No Child Left Behind and Highly Qualified U.S. History Teachers: Some Historical and Policy Perspectives - Jack Dougherty: Conflicting Questions: Why Historians and Policymakers Miscommunicate on Urban Education - Tracy L. Steffes: Lessons from the Past: A Challenge and a Caution for Policy-Relevant History - Carl F. Kaestle: Clio at the Table: Historical Perspectives and Policymaking in the Field of Education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Kenneth K. Wong is the first Walter and Leonore Annenberg Professor for Education Policy and Professor of Education at Brown University. He is Chair of the Education Department and Director of the Master's in Urban Education Policy Program and is Professor of Education, Political Science, and Public Policy. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. Robert Rothman is Senior Editor at the Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University and the editor of its quarterly journal, Voices in Urban Education. He was the editor of City Schools: How Districts and Communities Can Create Smart Education Systems. He received a B.A. from Yale University.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £19.99
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.55Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.